Please consult the following publications for indicative average construction costs for general construction in Ireland . Please note that the following site specific weighting will need to be added :
- Ease of Access for Construction
- Whether building is a Protected Structure
- Level of Specification required
- Whether Energy upgrading works necessary
- Specific issues relating to underground drainage or Utilities provision
- Whether stand alone building or with adjoining properties
- Complexity of Demolitions necessary
- Procurement route chosen for project
- Current Market Prices in area.
DLPKS ANNUAL REPORT 2012
REBUILDING COSTS FOR INSURANCE PURPOSES
BRUCE SHAW HANDBOOK 2012
For more detailed Cost Planning it is recommended that the services of a Professional Quantity Surveyor are engaged once project specific design evolved.
SEAI ENERGY UPGRADING GRANTS 2013
HERITAGE GRANTS FOR PROTECTED STRUCTURES
Special grants for core maintenance or structures at risk are available through applying to the following schemes. Funds are very tight currently during the recession and other funding routes can be explored directly with the Local Authorities on a case by case basis.
Grants are awarded on a part payment percentage basis and following strict guidelines on the design and construction , costing and recording process. Prioritising roof repairs as the major threat to a building is a focus.
TAX INCENTIVES FOR OWNER OCCUPIERS OF GEORGIAN PROPERTIES 2013